Bird Layout

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Staycation... Part 1

Ever since our much enjoyed Honeymoon to Mexico (not for that reason... get your minds out of the gutter ;) ), we've talked and chatted and discussed some more about taking another vacation together.
All-Inclusive Resort all to ourselves... Thank You Mexico

We both had about 4 days off at the end of summer and decided a quick trip to Vegas was in order. So we had it all planned to check out a couple shows like Cirque de Soleil and Phantom of the Opera, ride a few roller coasters, and of course, visit the Vegas Ross Dress for Less :).

Ross in all its glory

However, Nic, being the ever-intelligent wifey that she is, had a brilliant idea. Complete genius. In fact... I am still amazed by her thinking.
Why not do a staycation? Where we stay home, do a little hiking, go wakeboarding, hit the links and cross out some of things on our Utah Bucket List.


I thought, hmmmm.... is she serious? Pass up the majesty of the Strip, and instead, take in the scenery of North Orem?
Done and done ;)
That's why Nic is such a great wife. You see, she knows me all too well. Hiking, boating, golfing. All three things that I love to do, and now, I have a gorgeous and hilarious sidekick to do them all with :)
  
Hiking is More Rewarding with Nic


 


 
Golfing is Funner with Nic
  
Wakeboarding has longer shorts with Nic
                                                        























So that's what we did.... and this first post will recap what happened the first day.

Yup, wakeboarding.... at 7:30 in the morning. Needless to say, Nicole was a trooper for being willing to get up that early to go board with her hubby and his older,  not as good looking older brother, Mike.

As you can see by the picture, my description about my older brother is false... he is in fact much more dapper and manly than I

With perfect water, the sun rising, and a couple cute little girls there to cheer us on (Izzy and Scout, you were the best cheerleaders we've ever had on the Moomba), we tore it up on the water.... and when I say we, I mean Nic did. One of her first times ever out on a wakeboard and she did phenomenal. She's a wakeboarding regular... in fact, I'm pretty sure she's better than me. (Normally this is where a video of Nicole boarding would appear... however my computer must have been hit by Y2K as it won't upload it)

A few hours on the lake, some nice sunburn, and plenty of yummy lake water inhaled each time we crashed, was a perfect way to start our staycation. What happened after that? Stay tuned, for part deux of the Staycation... yes the picture of our better halves says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment