![]() |
| Evidence of Gorgeous Wife |
Let me set something straight. Last year when I explained the whole "Fantasy Football" thing to Nicole, she looked at me as if I was an idiot. I can't really blame her, as when I was first told of the concept, I thought, really? People actually play this thing? It's a waste of time, and is reserved for 30+ year old, cheeto-powder fingered, single dudes with nothing better to do.
![]() |
| Cheeto-Dude (Mike Mathewson circa 1991) |
However, after, my brother in law convinced me it was worth doing, and I played for a season,I realized, hmmm this fantasy football thing is actually entertaining, and creates some fun trash talking moments between my older brother and I. (You see, I rarely beat him in anything, and if i score more "points" than he can one week, well, you better believe I let him have it).
Anyways, back to my hot wife and the fact that she might enjoy this Fantasy Football thing more than I do.
I remember doing all I could to convince her to do a fantasy league with us last year. She was hesitant, as I was before, but after much coaxing, and convincing that it would bring us closer together as a couple (as well as me bribing her with candy), she decided to participate in her first fantasy draft.I still remember vividly, her sitting next to me, eating del taco burritos and tacos at 9 o'clock in the evening, deciding whether to draft Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne (because she thought their names were catchy),

or whether to draft Austin Collie and Sam Bradford (because they were the best looking).


Needless to say, she went with the first choice and ended up having some stellar picks.
Throughout the season, I noticed a change in this girl. She went from hesitant fantasy football participant, to an involved, intense and rabidly competitive gridiron warrior.
She loved this thing. We would get to her parents house for dinner, and sure enough, before saying hello to others or even giving her sweet mother a hug, she would pick up the computer to check her fantasy score, see what cute players she could pick up off of the waivers list, and would let her opponents know who would win the coveted fantasy football league trophy (which does not exist, but I had to have an excuse to include the picture below in this post).
As I sat next to her and saw this, a feeling of overwhelming satisfaction and joy came to me.. I couldn't have been more proud.... nor more attracted to her in this moment. Here I was, on a pleasant fall afternoon, sitting next to a young, hot blonde, not picking daisies or making boondoggle necklaces like so many men have been forced by their significant others to do. Oh no, here I was, watching NFL football, eating some sort of meat product, and admiring this blonde bombshell
| Nicole in all her glorious bombshellness |
developing one of the most unbeatable fantasy teams (yes it was even better than mine) in recent memory. I realized, yup, life is good. Nicole's a keeper... and well, you know the rest of our story (once Nicole blogs about it anyways ;).
So, as we prepare for our second annual fantasy draft today, I leave Nicole with a few words:
Thank you for being the best looking, non 30+ year old, cheeto-fingered, fantasy football player and for fulfilling so many dreams of mine :).
| I may have created a monster ;) |



No comments:
Post a Comment